We can’t wait for our 9th annual Lost+F(o)und fundraiser on Saturday, October 12th…mostly, we can’t wait to see what folks make for the reDESIGN Challenge!
Over the last eight years, we’ve asked artist, makers, and designers to take commonly discarded items and transform it into something new to auction off at Lost + F(o)und. Participants have worked with bed frames, ladders, drawers, and more and created everything from a rocking horse to a slide guitar!
This year we want to kick-off the reDESIGN Challenge by inviting you to test your creative abilities in a competition-style event to transform trash into new and beautiful items. You can compete solo or with a group, but the team that comes up with the most innovative repurposing project will win big!
Here is how the event will work:
- Create your team: Grab up to 4 of your creative friends and sign up below. We will only have space for five teams at the event, so be sure to sign up early!
- 10:00-10:45am, Design: Teams will receive similar salvaged materials and a general design problem, like, “Create a home-good that can hang on a wall from these materials.” Then, you’ll have the first 30 minutes to work on your design.
- 10:45- 12:00pm, Create: You’ll have a little over an hour to create your design. You’ll have the help of a team advisor and the use of the tools and resources in Perennial’s woodshop and reuse studio to execute your vision.
- 12:00pm, Judging: Our expert judge will score each team’s creations based on a design rubric, which will be developed prior to the event and shared with the teams before they begin their work.
- Come one, come all: This event is meant to bring people together around the excitement of creative reuse! Even if you’re not designing, come to the shop to witness the process and see what the teams create. Think of yourself as part of our “live studio audience!”