Perennial hosts its first Annual ‘Picnic for Perennial’ in Tower Grove Park on Sunday May 22nd from 12-4pm! Instead of taking a stiff seat at a traditional gala, come plop down next to your friends and neighbors and relax in one of the most beautiful parks that St. Louis has to offer. Grab your adventuresome friends and gather ‘round the picnic blanket for a green afternoon of sustainable fun!
Pack up your eco-friendly picnic and join the festivities:
- Free Yoga from YogaBuzz, 2-3pm
- Complimentary local brews from Earthbound Brewing
- A sustainability fair with demos, samples, and educational materials from some of Perennial’s favorite sustainable friends! Learn with:
- Backyard games and an upcycled craft station from Perennial
- Kids are free!
Win the award for for greenest picnic blanket:
Put on your greenest outfit and coordinate your picnic meal with the earth in mind. The folks from St. Louis Earth Day will be there to score you on your eco-picnic savvy. The most sustainable blankets will win a bounty of local goods – extra points for upcycled decor!
Check out how we will judge your picnic here: Eco-Picnic Judging Rubric
Show your support for Perennial and wrangle up a handful of friends to go in on a blanket or table! Find event updates and reminders on Facebook.
A few park rules to follow for your picnic:
- No glass bottles/containers are allowed in the park.
- Do not drive onto the grass, walking paths, or service roads.
- Dog-friendly event!
Help build a culture of creativity and sustainability in St. Louis! All proceeds benefit Perennial’s creative reuse programs.